Pages


Thursday 20 September 2012

To Tattoo Or Not To Tattoo

Recently I've been seriously thinking about getting a tattoo. I don't mean the Hell's Angel kind, I'm not really into arm-sleeves or skulls. So don't worry I haven't gone all biker chic, but I do admire how tattoos can be used not as decoration, but as something meaningful. I like small and dainty designs which have a special meaning to the person. I already have a small tortoise (I know, very random and embarrassing, don't ask) on my inner wrist, but now I feel he is ready for a friend. My favorite kinds are those on the wrist or ankle. I think tattoos can look really feminine on these parts of a woman's body. 
I know its not a choice which should be taken lightly, as you are stuck with it even when you're old and wrinkly. But this is my theory - 

  1. The designs that I like are very small and easy to cover up. Therefore every time I look in the mirror I want have this 'in your face' design of doom staring back at me. Plus I'm not brave enough to get anything bigger than the size of a penny. I'm a coward. I don't like pain. 
  2. If I get something meaningful inked on my skin then surely I'll never regret it? It will only remind me a good moment in my life, or a belief or reminder.
So there, I think it makes perfect sense to get one. I'm twenty one, recently graduated and have the rest of my life ahead of me so why don't I get something to commemorate it? I'm booking an appointment tonight!

Here are a few designs that I think are great...

This Frog tattoo made me laugh for ages. Hilarious!

Source: pinterest

Dandelion Tattoo. So beautiful but a little too big for me. I'm such a coward
Source: pinterest
Writing. I think this is beautiful and tattoos of writing are a really good idea. It would be hard to find something that's not cringy/ridiculous/or just plain stupid though.
Source: weheartit.com

Dinosaur Tattoo. Very cute. Never would have it though.
Source: pinterest

Love Hearts. Love hearts on each elbow? Very cool. 
Source: pinterest

Buddha. This excites my inner hippy.
Source: pinterest

Peace man. I really like the peace sign and this is small enough for a coward like me. I am seriously considering this.
Source: pitnerest

Dream-catcher. Pocahontas eat-your-heart-out. 
source: pinterest
Hummingbird tattoo. This is beautiful but I will never get a tattoo of a bird because my Mum is adamant that they are unlucky, and i'm stupid enough to believe her. 

Source: weheartit.com
Feather Tattoo. I want this but just a little smaller. 

Source: kindsof-tattoos.blogspot.co.uk
So many choices! Check out my pinterest page for more: katdzierozynski. I'm obsessed.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love your blog! Make sure you check out my giveaway on my page, Love B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm exactly the same! I really want a tattoo but want one that I can hide away if I need to. It's just difficult to think of something that you don't see yourself getting fed up with in 10 let alone 50 years time. I'm sure one day I'll pluck up the courage to get one though... maybe.
    Lovely blog btw! Check mine out if you have time :)
    www.pinkflamingokisses.com

    Nicole xx

    ReplyDelete